Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free
Thyroid Basic Panel with TSH, Free T3 Blood Test and Free T4 Blood Test
Specimen Type: Blood
This panel provides a series of tests that evaluate thyroid function. This panel includes Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), T4, T3 uptake, Free Thyroxine Index, Free T3 and Free T4.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is produced by the pituitary gland and aids the thyroid gland in producing T4 and T3.
- T4 is a hormone produced by the thyroid gland which helps maintain the body's metabolism as well as other systems and functions.
- T3 Uptake helps evaluate the amount of proteins in the blood which carry thyroid hormones throughout the body.
- Free Thyroxine (T4) Index is a comparison of the amount of T4 which is unbound or free to that which is bound to proteins in the blood.
- Free T3 and Free T4 are hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Free T3 and Free T4 are not bound to proteins in the bloodstream.
This package provides a comprehensive series of tests for people who wish to evaluate their thyroid function. This panel also provides a more thorough screening for people experiencing symptoms associated with thyroid disorders.
Turnaround time for the Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free is typically 1-3 business days.
This thyroid test package has no fasting requirements.
This package includes: