Complete Blood Count (CBC) and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Blood Test
Complete Blood Count (CBC) & Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Test
The CBC & CMP package includes 2 of the most common general wellness lab tests. Both tests include a number of measurements to help with evaluating multiple factors related to good health.
A Complete Blood Count (CBC) includes:
- White Blood Cell Count (WBC) WBC's protect the body against infections.
- Red Blood Cell Count (RBC) RBC's carry oxygen throughout the body.
- Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW) is the variation in size of the RBC's.
- Hematocrit measures the percentage of blood made of up red blood cells.
- Hemoglobin is a protein which carries oxygen in the blood.
- Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV) measures the average size of RBC's.
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH) measures the average amount of hemoglobin in a red blood cell.
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC) is the average percentage of hemoglobin in a red blood cell.
- Platelet Count measures cell fragments which are vital for proper blood clotting.
- Percentage and absolute differential count for types of WBC's including neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils.
A Comprehensive Metabolic Panel includes:
- Glucose: Abnormal blood sugar levels can indicate a number of conditions including Diabetes.
- BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen): Used to evaluate kidney function.
- Creatinine: Used to Evaluate Kidney Function.
- BUN/Creatinine Ratio: This measurement can indicate kidney disease or conditions such as dehydration or intestinal bleeding.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR): Used to screen for and detect early kidney damage.
- Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Total: An improper electrolyte balance can indicate a number of conditions including dehydration, Addison's disease, kidney disease, and Diabetes.
- Calcium: Normal levels are important for healthy bones, heart, nerves, kidneys, and teeth.
- Protein, Total: Aids in measuring Liver and Kidney function as well as nutritional status.
- Albumin: A protein important for healthy liver and kidney function.
- Globulin: A protein that helps the body fight infection and the blood to clot properly.
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio: Can help identify various liver problems when combined with other test results.
- Bilirubin, Total: Helps to identify conditions such as anemia, sickle cell, hepatitis, cirrhosis, alcohol, and drug abuse.
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP): Used to detect liver disease or bone disorders.
- Aspartate Amino Transferase (AST): Used to evaluate liver function, very high levels often indicate Hepatitis
- Alanine Amino Transferase (ALT): Used to help identify liver damage
These tests are typically ordered for routine lab testing and may aid in diagnosing a variety of conditions. For a package which includes other general health tests please see our Basic Wellness Panel, Comprehensive Wellness Panel, or Ultimate Wellness Panel.
Turnaround is typically 1 business day.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel requires fasting for 9 - 12 hours prior to going in for blood collection.
This package includes:
CBC with Differential Complete Blood Count, CBC
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel CMP, Comprehensive Chem Panel