How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
What is a Diabetes Test called?
Diabetes is a series of conditions in which the body cannot make or properly use insulin. Insulin is a hormone that plays a key role in the process of turning glucose (sugar) from the food a person eats into energy. Diabetes can cause consistently high blood sugar levels which can lead to a number of health complications affecting the heart, eyes, kidneys, nervous system. Getting a diabetes test can help identify warnings signs before your condition becomes serious. Results from these tests can help a person and their doctor to determine the best course forward. One of the most common diabetes tests is a fasting blood sugar (glucose) test. Periodically measuring blood sugar is a useful tool for someone who is at risk for diabetes or has been diagnosed as diabetic to monitor their condition. Another common test is a Hemoglobin A1C. This test provides a measure of average blood sugar for the last 2-3 months which can be more useful than a single glucose measurement. For a full list of testing options, see our Diabetes Test Category.
Who should get a Diabetes Test?
The risk of diabetes typically increases as someone gets older. People over the age of 45 should get tested periodically. Other risk factors include being overweight, having high blood pressure or cholesterol, leading a sedentary lifestyle, or having a family history. Common symptoms that can indicate a person is at higher risk for diabetes include fatigue, irritability, blurred vision, unexplained weight loss, increased thirst, frequent urination, and extreme hunger. Anyone with risk factors or symptoms should consider getting testing. Test results with abnormal results should consult their doctor to determine the appropriate followup.
How quickly can you get results for a Diabetes Test?
Most common diabetes tests such as fasting glucose or hemoglobin A1C can get back results in as little as one business day. Request A Test posts your results to your online account so you can view them as soon as they are available. You can log in to view your results anywhere you have internet access. Results are straightforward and should be easy to understand. However, Request A Test representatives are happy to answer your questions. Just call our office during regular business hours at 1-888-732-2348 or reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.