Five Reasons to get STD-Tested Regularly
November 1, 2013
If you have sex there is a possibility that you will contract a sexually transmitted disease. The best way to avoid this is with safe sex but even then there is still a possibility that you will get a disease. Therefore it is a good idea to get yourself an STD test on a regular basis. Following are five good reasons that you should do just that.
1. In most cases the best reason to get tested for an STD regularly is so that you don't spread the disease to anybody else. Most STD's are spread fairly easily so if you are sexually active there is a good chance that you will spread the disease to any partners that you have. This is something that you want to avoid so it is a good idea to make sure that you get yourself tested on a regular basis.
2. A closely related reason to get tested for STD's on a regular basis is that in many cases it can take weeks or even months for the symptoms to appear. That means that you could have the disease for a long time before you realize it. During this time you will be infectious so it is likely that you will spread the disease to other people. In addition the earlier that you get tested the early you can get treated. In most cases early treatment will help to limit the effects of the disease.
3. An STD can be a serious health risk so it is important to find out if you have one. Admittedly there are some STD's that are more of a nuisance than an actual health problem but many of them can cause serious medical issues and even death. It is a good idea to find out if you have an STD so that you can get it treated rather than gambling that it will go away.
4. Many STD's can really look unappealing; nobody wants to walk around with an STD that is very obvious. In most cases the earlier that you start treatment the less likely it is that you will have visible symptoms. If you do have the symptoms the sooner you get treated the sooner they will go away. Getting tested on a regular basis is important if you want to avoid having and physical signs.
5. Getting tested for STD's on a regular basis will help to remind you of the risks that are involved in having sex. That should help to make sure that you limit yourself to safe sex. The best way to deal with an STD is to not get one and that means that you need to use proper protection. The act of actually going to get tested on a regular basis serves as a good reminder of why you need to be safe when you are having sex and it will help to keep you from contracting a disease.