How much does STD Testing cost?
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
How much does STD Testing cost?
What is STD testing?
STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), or STIs (sexually transmitted infections), are some of the most common viral, bacterial, and parasitic infectious diseases in the United States. STDs are most commonly spread through sexual contact involving the genitals, mouth, or anus. Some infections can be spread through other means such as through sharing needles used for intravenous drug use or from an infected mother to her infant during childbirth. STD testing is typically conducted in a lab using blood or urine samples to screen for antibodies, bacteria, or viral genetic material that can help to identify an infection. Results from these tests can provide the information that you and your doctor need to decide on the appropriate follow-up.
Why do I need STD Testing?
Identifying an STD just based just on outward symptoms can be difficult because the symptoms for most common STDs are inconsistent. Not everyone will experience the same symptoms at the same time. Some people will experience very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. It is possible to have an STD for years without realizing it. However, during that time, the infection may be quietly undermining your health. You can also pass the infection to any sexual partners you have even when you are completely asymptomatic. If left untreated, some STDs can cause serious long-term health issues such as infertility, liver disease, heart disease, arthritis, and a weakened immune system. Some, such as HIV, can develop into potentially fatal complications. Early detection and treatment are key to minimizing the impact of STDs on the health of both you and your partners.
Where can I get low-cost STD Testing?
If you're sexually active, getting a periodic STD test is a great way to protect your health as well as that of your partners. However, finding an affordable option for getting the testing you need may be challenging, especially if you don't have insurance or can't easily get in to see a doctor in your area. Request A Test knows how important it is to be able to get an STD test when you need it with minimal waiting and cost. We are committed to being a convenient and affordable source for anyone who needs STD testing. We offer a comprehensive menu of affordable STD lab tests that anyone can order. We work with 2 of the largest labs in the United States to provide you with over 3600 collection centers nationwide.
How much does STD testing cost?
Request A Test discounts our tests and packages to make your STD testing as affordable as possible. Take a look at our STD testing menu to view pricing for both of the labs we work with as well as detailed information about each test. Once you've found the right test at a price that meets your needs, the ordering process is quick and easy. You can order online or over the phone and get your order placed in as little as 10 minutes. Once your order is placed, you can go to the lab the same day or whenever it is convenient for you. Most tests see results in as little as a few business days. Your personal information is kept confidential and your results will be accessible through your private password-protected account. If you have questions about our testing options or your test results, our team is here to help. To get started visit us online or call us during business hours at 1-888-732-2348.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA-certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same-day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.