Insulin Resistance Test
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
Insulin Resistance Test
What is Insulin Resistance?
The body's main source of energy is glucose which comes from the food we eat. The pancreas produces a hormone called insulin which helps the body utilize glucose properly. In people with insulin resistance, the cells in the body don't respond to insulin and can't use the glucose in the blood for energy. This causes the pancreas to produce more insulin as blood sugar levels rise. Insulin resistance often leads to the development of diabetes which can cause a number of health issues including loss of eyesight, poor circulation, heart disease, and kidney failure.
What are the risk factors for Insulin Resistance?
There are a number of risk factors that can make a person more likely to develop insulin resistance. These include:
- lack of physical activity
- Being over the age of 45
- Family history of diabetes
- Sleep disorders
- Some medications
What is an Insulin Resistance Test?
There are several common blood tests that can help to assess insulin resistance. One of the most common is a Hemoglobin A1C. This test measures your average blood sugar over the past couple of months. Another common test is a Glucose Tolerance Test. This test measures your blood sugar before and after drinking a glucose solution to see how efficiently your body can process glucose. It can also be helpful to do a fasting glucose test to see what your blood sugar level is at a specific time.
How to get an Insulin Resistance Test
Request A Test offers hundreds of affordable lab tests including common tests for assessing insulin resistance. We work with 2 of the largest lab companies in the US to provide over 3600 convenient testing locations. Orders can be placed online at www.requestatest.com or by phone at 1-888-732-2348. Placing an order takes as little as 10 minutes and you can go to the lab on the same day. Many tests see results in as little as one business day and results can be accessed online whenever you need them through your private account.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.