Save 10% on Vector-Borne Disease Testing
Promo Code BITE10
Click here to see a full selection of our discounted tests and packages.
*One coupon code per order. Cannot be applied to industry discounted prices, previous orders, or tests not listed on our website. Promo code expires on 8/31/2020 11:59 pm ET
What is Vector-Borne Disease?
A disease that is transmitted to humans or other animals by insects such as mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, or other arthropods.
Some examples of Vector-Borne Diseases include
Lyme Disease is the most common vector-borne disease in the United States.
Lyme disease was first recognized in 1975 after researchers investigated why an unusual number of children were being diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in Lyme, Connecticut. The researchers discovered the affected children lived and played near wooded areas where ticks live. They had also found that the children's first symptoms typically started in the summer months, the height of the tick season. Check out the full story here.
Signs and symptoms of Lyme Disease
- Rashes- Solid red oval or a bull's eye
- Fatigue- Seems to take over your body and can be severe. May find yourself needing a nap during the day, or needing to sleep one or more hours longer than normal
- Achy, Stiff or swollen joints- Your joints may be inflamed, warm to the touch painful and swollen
- Headaches dizziness, fever- Flu-like symptoms that can come and go
- Sensitivity to light and vision changes- Bright indoor light may feel uncomfortable or even blinding
- MORE SYMPTOMS
Here are a few of the Vector-Borne Disease tests we offer:
This blood test is used in the diagnosis of acute(recent) or chronic infections with Lyme disease
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) is a bacterial disease which is spread through tick bites
This blood test looks for allergic reactions to the venom of several types of stinging insects including Honeybee, Hornet, Bumblebee, Yellow Jackets and Wasps.
Why order your lab testing from Request A Test?
• Order and go to the lab the same day
• Lab results available online for your convenience
• No hidden fees, pricing or information
• Easy-to-use website
• Outstanding customer service
Request A Test offers the most comprehensive selection of online medical and drug lab tests available. Our mission is to provide our clients with the best service and best price. You can order our discounted lab tests online or call one of our educated and caring customer service representatives. Each month we offer a new promotion on top of our already discounted pricing. Check back each month for more savings.
Whether you are without health insurance, need lab test results fast, or want a convenient way to get tested, Request A Test can help!
*Discount coupon code cannot be applied to industry discounted prices, previous orders, or tests not listed on our website. One coupon code per order.
Coupon code BITE10
Expires August 31st at 11:59 pm ET