Low-Cost STD Test
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
Low-Cost STD Testing
What are STDs?
STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), or STIs (sexually transmitted infections), are among the most prevalent viral, bacterial, and parasitic infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be contracted through any sexual contact involving the genitals, mouth, or anus. Some STDs such as HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Hepatitis are spread by infected blood and/or bodily fluids. Others, such as Herpes and Syphilis are spread through skin to skin contact with an infected area. If not treated promptly, some STDs can cause serious long-term health issues such as infertility, liver disease, heart disease, arthritis, and a weakened immune system. Some, such as HIV, can develop into potentially fatal complications. Early detection and treatment are key to minimizing the impact of STDs on the health of both you and your partners.
When is STD testing recommended?
While the possibility of contracting an STD is higher for those who engage in higher-risk behavior such as unprotected sex, sex with multiple partners, or sharing needles for intravenous drug use. anyone who is sexually active should consider getting a periodic STD test. For most people, unless they are in a long-term monogamous relationship, a yearly STD test is recommended. People who are at higher risk may need to test more often. Any time someone experiences unusual symptoms that may be related to an STD it is a good idea to get tested and find out what is going on. If a current or past partner informs you that they have tested positive for an STD, you should get tested yourself. Remember that any positive results should be discussed with a doctor. Talking to a medical professional can help make sure that you take the proper steps to protect your health.
I feel fine. Do I need STD testing?
Unfortunately, determining if you have contracted an STD based on whether or not you experience any symptoms is difficult and usually ineffective. One of the reasons that STD's are so easy to spread is because a large number of people don't realize they are infected. Many STD's will show symptoms that are similar to other common illnesses or no symptoms at all. It is possible to have an STD for years without realizing it. But during that time, the infection may be quietly undermining your health. No matter how careful you or your partner are, if you are sexually active, there is a risk of exposure. STD testing is necessary for an accurate diagnosis. Lab testing can identify sexually transmitted infections whether they are causing symptoms or not. Once an infection is identified, you can work with your doctor to determine the appropriate treatment or follow-up.
Where can I get low-cost STD testing?
Request A Test is committed to providing convenient and low-cost STD tests for anyone who needs them. We know that taking care of your health is important so we discount all of our tests and packages as much as possible. We work with 2 of the largest labs in the United States to provide you with over 3600 collection centers nationwide. Ordering a test is quick and easy. Ordering online or over the phone typically takes as little as 10 minutes. Once your order is placed, you can go to the lab at your convenience. If you need help choosing the test that is right for you, our knowledgeable team members are available to answer questions and discuss your options. Your personal information is kept confidential and your results will be accessible through your private password-protected account. To get started visit us online or call us during business hours at 1-888-732-2348.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.