Request A Test: COVID-19 Information
Request A Test and COVID-19
At this time, Request A Test does not have Coronavirus testing availability. If anything changes in this regard, we will communicate it. We remain open for business during regular hours to provide testing orders and assist our clients with any questions or concerns. If you are looking for information on how to be tested for Coronavirus or have questions about symptoms and risk of exposure, please call your doctor or contact your local health department.
For additional information on how to protect yourself from COVID-19, see the CDC website.
Your Safety and Well-being at the Patient Service Centers for Labcorp & Quest Diagnostics (our reference laboratories)
While both Labcorp and Quest are able to perform testing for COVID-19, orders for this testing must be placed by a doctor. COVID-19 specimen collection can only be performed at approved medical facilities and cannot be done at patient service centers (where you would go to execute a medical order from Request A Test).
- The patient service centers for the labs we work with are not performing COVID-19 sample collections
- PSC personnel are not handling or processing any samples for COVID-19
- People who believe they may have been exposed to Coronavirus are specifically asked not to come to a patient service center where they risk infecting other people. Remain at home and contact your doctor or local health department for further guidance.
Both labs have implemented a number of procedures to help protect the health and safety of both clients and staff:
- Lab personnel are wearing masks and additional protective clothing
- Disinfecting surfaces and washing hands with greater frequency
- Providing masks for visitors upon request
- Providing additional training to employees in the necessary safety measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- The first business hour of each day is reserved to serve people over the age of 60 and with serious underlying conditions
Labcorp has implemented a "Wait where you're comfortable" program. Once you have checked in a PSC, you may wait in your car or other nearby location rather than in the lobby if you prefer. If you schedule an appointment and provide a cell phone number, you will be able to check-in from your mobile device and will receive a text when the lab attendant is ready to see you.
Quest is currently requiring all customers to wear a mask or face covering while inside their Patient Service Centers. Lab personnel may be checking temperatures using a no-contact forehead temperature reader. If your temperature is outside of the acceptable range, you may be denied service.
As this situation evolves, Request A Test will continue to update our site and notify clients of any relevant new information. Please contact us at 1-888-732-2348 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.