Request A Test: COVID-19 Information
**Request A Test is now offering the COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS Antibody IgG Test.**
Click HERE to order the test.
We remain open for business during regular hours to provide testing orders and assist our clients with any questions or concerns. If you are looking for information about Coronavirus or have questions about symptoms and risk of exposure, please call your doctor or contact your local health department.
For additional information on how to protect yourself from COVID-19, see the CDC website.
Your Safety and Well-being at the Lab Patient Service Centers
None of the patient service centers are collecting specimen for swab testing to determine current COVID-19 infections. Specimens for this type of testing can only be collected at approved medical facilities and cannot be done at patient service centers (where you would go to execute a medical order from Request A Test).
- PSC personnel are not handling or processing any samples for patients testing for active COVID-19 infections. Samples are being processed for COVID-19 IgG antibody tests.
- People who believe they may have been exposed to Coronavirus are specifically asked not to come to a patient service center where they risk infecting other people. Remain at home and contact your doctor or local health department for further guidance.
The labs have implemented a number of procedures to help protect the health and safety of both clients and staff:
- Lab personnel are wearing masks and additional protective clothing
- Disinfecting surfaces and washing hands with greater frequency
- Visitors to patient service centers are required to wear masks
- Providing additional training to employees in the necessary safety measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- The first business hour of each day is reserved to serve people over the age of 60 and with serious underlying conditions
Once you have checked in a PSC, you may wait in your car or other nearby location rather than in the lobby if you prefer. If you schedule an appointment and provide a cell phone number, you will be able to check-in from your mobile device and will receive a text when the lab attendant is ready to see you.
At some locations, personnel may be checking temperatures using a no-contact forehead temperature reader. If your temperature is outside of the acceptable range, you may be denied service.
As this situation evolves, Request A Test will continue to update our site and notify clients of any relevant new information. Please contact us at 1-888-732-2348 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.