Why Order Lab Tests Online? | Online Ordering for Lab Tests
November 7, 2011
If you think you need to get tested for STDs, you may be interested to know that going to your doctor is not the only option. Many people choose instead to order lab tests online. But why? And how is this different from free STD testing?
We’ll start by answering the why. There are a variety of benefits to ordering lab tests online, including:
- Affordability: these labs offer highly discounted prices on the STD testing you need most
- No insurance needed to get tested
- Easy online ordering process
- Same day testing available: just walk into a facility during business hours (no appointment required)
- Testing centers that complete online orders are often open later into the evening than traditional doctor’s offices
- Can get testing results in as little as one business day
- Lab results available online, over the phone or by mail – whatever is most convenient for you
- Confidential testing: your information is protected and respected
- You don’t need a physician’s medical order for testing
- No need to visit the doctor first – you can submit your order directly
In addition to all that, ordering lab tests online is more reliable and timely than doing free STD testing. You may have to wait days to get a free STD appointment, and it could be weeks before your results are available. Furthermore, a free STD testing center often does not have the same range of tests that are available when you order lab tests online through a reputable, professional testing organization.
Being able to order lab tests online can also do a great deal for your piece of mind. If you think you may have an STD, you want answers as quickly as possible. Being able to log onto your computer, order your tests, and immediately head to a testing center helps ensure that you get the answers you need faster.
Get more information about the benefits of ordering lab tests online, or order your blood test online and get checked for STDs today.