Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Reverse and Free
Thyroid Basic Panel with TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3
Specimen Type: Blood
This panel provides our most comprehensive thyroid screening. These tests are used to evaluate thyroid function and aid in the diagnosis of disorders affecting the thyroid gland. This test includes Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), T4, T3 Uptake, Free Thyroxine Index, Free T3, Free T4, and Reverse T3.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is produced by the pituitary gland and aids the thyroid gland in producing T4 and T3.
- T4 is a hormone produced by the thyroid gland which helps maintain the body's metabolism as well as other systems and functions.
- T3 Uptake helps evaluate the amount of proteins in the blood which carry thyroid hormones throughout the body.
- Free Thyroxine (T4) Index is a comparison of the amount of T4 which is unbound or free to that which is bound to proteins in the blood.
- Free T3 and Free T4 are hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Free T3 and Free T4 are not bound to proteins in the bloodstream.
- Reverse T3 is the inactive form of T3 which is sometimes produced when the body is under significant stress.
This package will provide a thorough and in depth screening for someone wishing to assess their thyroid health. The variety of tests included in this panel also make it ideal for people who are experiencing symptoms associated with thyroid disorders or monitoring their response to treatment for thyroid conditions
Turnaround time for the Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Reverse and Free is typically 1-3 business days.
This thyroid test package has no fasting requirements.
This package includes: