CBC with Differential Blood Test with LabCorp
What is a CBC with Differential Blood Test?
A Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential is a broad screening test that can aid in the diagnosis of a variety of conditions and diseases such as Anemia, Leukemia, bleeding disorders, and infections. This CBC with DIfferential is also useful in monitoring a person's reaction to treatment when a condition that affects blood cells has been diagnosed.
What Does a CBC with Differential Measure?
A CBC with DIfferential includes the following measurements:
- White Blood Cell Count (WBC) WBC's protect the body against infections.
- Red Blood Cell Count (RBC) RBC's carry oxygen throughout the body.
- Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW) is the variation in size of the RBCs.
- Hematocrit measures the percentage of blood made of red blood cells.
- Hemoglobin is a protein that carries oxygen in the blood.
- Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV) measures the average size of RBCs.
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH) measures the average amount of hemoglobin in a red blood cell.
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC) is the average percentage of hemoglobin in a red blood cell.
- Platelet Count measures cell fragments which are vital for proper blood clotting.
- Percentage and absolute differential count for types of WBC's including neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils.
When Should I Get My CBC with Differential Blood Test?
A CBC blood test is often ordered as part of a routine health examination. It is also ordered when someone has symptoms that may indicate a condition that affects the blood cells or is undergoing treatment such as chemotherapy which affects blood cells. A CBC with differential is often ordered with other common blood tests such as a comprehensive metabolic panel. See our CBC & CMP package to order both of these tests with additional savings.
Turnaround time for the CBC with Differential is typically 1 business day.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
- BEST Sellers
- Blood and Blood Diseases
- COVID-19 / Coronavirus
- General Wellness
- Men's Health
- Women's Health