Drug Test Before Bariatric Surgery
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
Drug Test Before Bariatric Surgery
What is Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric Surgery refers to a number of surgical procedures that are intended to help with weight loss. These types of procedures are usually done when more conventional weight loss methods including diet and exercise have not been effective or when a person has serious health issues related to their weight. People who are severely overweight have a higher risk of health complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart failure, stroke, liver disease, and hypertension. Bariatric surgery such as gastric bypass or gastrectomy can help put people on a path to losing weight and engaging in a healthier lifestyle.
Do I need a Drug Test before Bariatric Surgery?
There are a number of criteria that a person must meet before they can be considered a viable candidate for bariatric surgery. It is common for people who are being considered for approval to be required to pass a drug test. This type of test may be required by an insurance provider as a condition for approving coverage. Testing can also help to ensure that a person is not using any drugs which may impair their lung function and put them at higher risk for complications while under anesthesia. It can also help to determine if a person is likely to abuse medications or painkillers that they are prescribed during recovery. Additionally, drug addiction can make post-surgery recovery and lifestyle changes more difficult.
What type of Drug Test will I need before Bariatric Surgery?
What type of drug test a person will need to pass to qualify for weight loss surgery will depend on the requirements of their doctor and/or insurance provider. The most common type of drug test is a 5 Panel Urine Screening. This test looks for 5 drugs of abuse including marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, and phencyclidine (PCP). More comprehensive testing is sometimes required, especially for people who have a history of abusing one more types of drugs. Urine testing can typically detect drug use up to several days in the past. The frequent long-term use of drugs like marijuana can cause them to build up in a person's system which will make them detectable for a longer period.
How do I order a Drug Test Before Bariatric Surgery?
Request A Test is a direct to consumer lab testing service that allows anyone to order their own testing whenever they need it. We offer affordable drug testing at labs across the United States to suit a variety of needs. Whether you need a drug test to be approved for bariatric surgery or want to test yourself to help ensure you will be able to pass your doctor's test, we are here to help. You can choose from our full menu of drug tests to find the test which best suits your needs. Ordering is quick and easy and once your order is placed you can go to the lab the same day or whenever it is convenient for you. To get started just visit Request A Test online at www.requestatest.com or call us at 1-888-732-2348 to speak to a representative.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.