Food Allergy Test
Food Allergy Test
What is a Food Allergy Test?
Food allergies are the results of your body's immune system, mistakenly identifying certain types of food as harmful. The immune system releases IgE antibodies which trigger the release of a chemical called histamine. Histamine causes the symptoms commonly associated with an allergic reaction. Food allergies often develop when a person is younger. Sometimes a person grows out of them and sometimes they persist for life. It is also possible to develop a food allergy later in life. Food allergy testing uses a blood sample to measure the level of IgE antibodies to certain types of foods. The results of these tests will give the antibody level which is detected and help gauge how severe a reaction a person may have. IgE blood allergy tests can be done for specific types of food or categories such as meat, dairy, seafood, or shellfish.
What are the symptoms of a Food Allergy?
Food allergy testing can be done at any time but if you experience symptoms after eating a particular type of food, it is a good idea to get tested and find out what types of food are giving you a problem. Reactions to food allergies can range from mild to severe. Common symptoms include tingling or itching in the mouth, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face, hives, rash, dizziness, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. In some cases, a severe allergic reaction can result in anaphylaxis which can cause swelling in the throat, restricted breathing, rapid pulse, a severe drop in blood pressure, and loss of consciousness.
How quickly can I get results for a Food Allergy Test?
Most food allergy blood tests typically see results in about 3-5 business days. Request A Test will notify you by email as soon as your results are ready. You can then review your results by logging in to your private online account. Results are straightforward and should be easy to understand. However, Request A Test representatives are happy to answer your questions. Just call our office during regular business hours at 1-888-732-2348 or reach us by email at email@example.com.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.