How do I test for H Pylori?
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
How do I test for H Pylori?
H Pylori is one of the most common causes of stomach inflammation. If you are having symptoms that may be related to H Pylori, there are several types of tests that can help determine if you have an infection. One of the most common ways to test for H Pylori is with a urea breath test. The H Pylori breath test involves collecting 2 breath samples in a special specimen bag. The samples are taken before and after drinking a solution that interacts with H Pylori bacteria if they are present. The breath test can also be useful for checking to make sure the infection has been successfully treated. Another testing method is an H Pylori stool antigen test. The lab will provide a specimen collection kit so that you can provide a stool sample to be tested. Blood testing for H Pylori is also available. These tests look for one or more types of antibodies that the body's immune system produces in response to infection with H Pylori bacteria. Blood testing can be less effective than other testing methods because it cannot differentiate between an active or past infection. Some antibodies can remain detectable for years even after a person has been successfully treated.
What is H Pylori?
Heliobacter Pylori is a bacterial infection of the stomach. It can be spread through contact with contaminated food or water, or exposure to the saliva, vomit, or fecal matter of someone who is infected. Most people with H Pylori don't get sick from it so they are not even aware they are infected. People who do have symptoms will typically experience pain in the abdomen, nausea, loss of appetite, gas, bloating, and unexpected weight loss. More serious complications such as persistent abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, bloody stool, and bloody or black vomit should be immediately followed up with a doctor. Untreated infections with H Pylori can sometimes lead to the development of one or more ulcers in the stomach or small intestine, gastritis, and stomach cancer.
Where can I get an H Pylori test?
Request A Test provided quick affordable testing for H Pylori that anyone can order. There's no need to schedule a doctor's appointment and no insurance is necessary. Just order the test online or call us at 1-888-732-2348 to place your order. Once the order is placed you can go to one of our national lab locations to get your sample collected. Results are provided to you directly through your secure online account. We also offer hundreds of other lab tests in a variety of categories. Request A Test makes it easy for you to take charge of your health and order the lab testing you need.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same-day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.