Specimen Validity (Adulteration) Urine Test
Specimen Validity (Adulteration) Urine Test (Labcorp)
This specimen validity urine test performs several measurements to help verify that a specimen has been adulterated, substituted, or diluted. Adulteration testing is typically performed along with a urine drug test.
IMPORTANT: Specimen validity testing (SVT) should only be ordered along with a urine drug test that either does not already include validity testing or does not include sufficient validity measurements to meet your requirements. Panels that do not already come with 3 or more specimen validity measures include the
- 11 Panel Drug and Alcohol test
- 12 Panel Drug and Alcohol test
- 17 Panel Drug and Alcohol test
- Individual drug tests such as the Marijuana urine test and Cocaine Urine test also do not include adulteration testing
The SVT urine test includes the following measurements:
- Creatinine: Creatinine is a byproduct of muscle metabolism that is normally excreted from the body in urine at a consistent level. Low creatinine levels can be a result of drinking more water than usual or attempting to dilute a specimen. If Creatine is out of range, a measurement for specific gravity will automatically be performed.
- pH: PH is a measure of the acid balance in urine. A pH measurement that is higher or lower than normal can indicate that a specimen has been adulterated in an attempt to hide drug metabolites.
- Nitrite: Nitrites in the urine can indicate that adulterating substances have been added to the sample.
Turnaround for this test is typically 1-3 business days. Results for specimen validity will be provided at the same time as any drug testing that is ordered with it.
Where can I find a Specimen Validity (Adulteration) test near me?
Check our lab finder to locate a collection site in your area.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
Specimen validity and adulteration testing should only be ordered with urine drug testing.
Please note that not all lab locations are able to perform the collections for urine drug testing. When placing a testing order online you will only be able to select from lab locations that are able to perform this type of testing.