Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free Blood Test
Test Code: 010389, 001974, 000620
Specimen Type: Blood
Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free (Labcorp)
The Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free provides a more comprehensive series of tests that help to evaluate thyroid function. This package is an excellent option for those who want a general thyroid assessment which offers more than the basic panel.
This panel includes:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Produced by the pituitary gland and aids the thyroid gland in producing T4 and T3
- T4 (Thyroxine): A hormone produced by the thyroid gland which helps maintain the body's metabolism as well as other systems and functions
- T3 Uptake: Helps evaluate the amount of proteins in the blood which carry thyroid hormones throughout the body.
- Free Thyroxine (T4) Index: A comparison of the amount of T4 which is unbound or free to that which is bound to proteins in the blood
- Free T3 and Free T4: Hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Free T3 and Free T4 are not bound to proteins in the bloodstream
This package provides a comprehensive series of tests for people who wish to evaluate their thyroid function. This panel also provides a more thorough screening for people experiencing symptoms associated with thyroid disorders.
Turnaround time for the Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free is typically 1-3 business days.
Where can I find a Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Free test near me?
Check our lab finder to locate a collection site in your area.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
It is recommended that someone taking Biotin (also known as vitamin B7 or B8, vitamin H, or coenzyme R) stop consumption at least 72 hours prior to the collection of a sample.
Specimen collection after fluorescein dye angiography should be delayed for at least 3 days. For people on hemodialysis, specimen collection should be delayed for 2 weeks.
Collection should not occur during or after administration of heparin.
This package includes:
T4 Free, Direct Free T4, T4 Free, Free Thyroxine, Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct
T3 Free Free T3, Triiodothyronine (T3), Free
Thyroid Basic Panel with TSH T4, T3 uptake, Free Thyroxine Index and TSH