Walking Pneumonia Test
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
Walking Pneumonia Test
What is Walking Pneumonia?
Walking Pneumonia is the common name for an infection caused by the bacteria Mycoplasma Pneumoniae. Respiratory infections with M. Pneumoniae are typically milder than other forms of pneumonia. Most people with walking pneumonia are able to go about their normal lives without the need for bed rest or hospitalization. However, proper self-care including medication, rest, and staying hydrated is important to make a full recovery. and Blood testing for antibodies to the bacteria can help identify walking pneumonia as well as differentiate it from other infections that cause similar symptoms. A Mycoplasma Pneumonia Antibody Blood Test looks for both IgM and IgG antibodies. Measuring both antibody types can be helpful in determining if a person has an acute or chronic infection.
What are the symptoms of Walking Pneumonia?
Walking Pneumonia symptoms are typically similar to other common ailments such as a cold. Most people will display symptoms that include sore throat, fever, chills, cough, chest pain, headache, and fatigue. These symptoms can develop within 2-4 weeks after the initial infection.
How quick are the test results for a Walking Pneumonia test?
Once your testing order is placed, you can go to the lab to have your specimen collected the same day or at your earliest convenience. Test results for a Mycoplasma Pneumonia Antibody Test typically take 3-6 business days to complete. Once your results are ready you'll be notified by email so you can log in to your private online account to view them. Request A Test representatives are available to help you read and understand your test results.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA-certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same-day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.