Oxidized LDL Test
How it Works
Affordable, Rapid, Confidential
Oxidized LDL Test
What is an Oxidized LDL Test?
Low-Density Lipoprotein or LDL is commonly known as the "bad cholesterol." Elevated LDL contributes to the buildup of plaque which clogs arteries and increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. Oxidized LDL is formed when LDL cholesterol interacts with unstable molecules called free radicals. Oxidized LDL can cause inflammation of the blood vessels and cause a greater risk of developing heart disease or life-threatening cardiac events like a heart attack. Standard cholesterol tests do not measure oxidized LDL so a specialized test is necessary. An Oxidized LDL blood test will measure your Oxidized LDL and help determine if your levels are higher than normal. This information can help you work with your doctor to determine the appropriate lifestyle changes or medication which can help to protect your health.
Who should get an Oxidized LDL Test?
Routinely checking your cholesterol levels including total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides is a common method for monitoring general wellness. Testing your oxidized LDL levels can help educate you on whether you have additional risk factors to your heart health. This type of test can be especially important if you have one or more risk factors that can contribute to higher oxidized LDL. Various factors such as high cholesterol, smoking, eating a diet high in trans fats, or having conditions like diabetes, kidney disease, or an autoimmune disorder can all contribute to increases levels of oxidized LDL.
How do I order an Oxidized LDL Test?
Request A Test makes it easy for anyone to order lab testing. We offer an extensive menu of heart health testing which includes an Oxidized LDL blood test as well as other common heart health tests such as a Lipid Panel, High Sensitivity CRP, and APO A1. Simply go to our online testing menu or call our office at 888-732-2348 to place your order. You can choose from over 3600 convenient lab locations across the US and get your specimen collected the same day you place your order. Once the results are complete, you can log in to your private account to view your results. If you have any questions about accessing or reading your results, one of our team members is always available to help you during regular business hours.
Why Choose Us?
- Since 2002, we have a proven track record of offering excellent customer service, affordable pricing with no hidden fees, and our enduring commitment to protect your personal information.
- No doctor's order? (No problem!) Our national physician network provides the required doctor's order for the lab. Insurance is not needed to order lab testing nor will your insurance company be billed.
- We are partnered with two of the largest CLIA certified labs in the US, to offer you the latest lab testing technology with prompt and accurate results. (These are the same labs used by hospitals and physicians.)
- With over 3,600 lab locations to choose from and same day collection, we make lab testing quick and convenient. No appointment is needed. Find your local lab with our location finder.
- We offer an extensive and detailed test menu. Ordering can be done online or over the phone. Not finding a test? Simply give us a call.