Ultimate Vitamin Deficiency Blood Panel
Test Code: 081950, 000810, 121200, 017509, 070140, 001805, 121186, 004655
Specimen Type: Blood
Ultimate Vitamin Deficiency Blood Panel (Labcorp)
This package includes a larger selection of common tests for vitamin levels. Maintaining healthy levels of essential vitamins and nutrients is an important part of overall health. Vitamin deficiencies can be the result of an improper diet or underlying health conditions such as digestive problems or malabsorption disorders. Deficiencies in one or more vitamins can be difficult to diagnose because it may take a while for symptoms to develop and many symptoms are common to other illnesses. Some of the symptoms of vitamin deficiency include fatigue, unexplained weight loss or gain, pale skin, dry patches of skin, confusion, poor circulation, brittle hair or nails, bleeding gums, hair loss, and poor vision. Blood testing to check your vitamin levels can help identify which vitamins you may need to focus on getting more of through adjusting your diet or taking supplements.
This package includes:
- Vitamin B12 and Folate: B12 and Folate (Folic Acid) play important roles in a number of bodily functions including the production of red and white blood cells, repairing damaged cells and tissues, and maintaining healthy nervous system function.
- Vitamin D: A Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy test measures the combined level of D2 and D3, the primary forms of vitamin D. Vitamin D is important for maintaining the body's immune system as well as the healthy development of bones and teeth.
- Vitamin K1: Vitamin K is essential for healthy blood clotting. It also helps to heal wounds and keep bones healthy.
- Vitamin A (Retinol): Vitamin A helps maintain good vision. It is also important for supporting the immune system and maintaining healthy skin and bones.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): Vitamin C helps the body heal from wounds as well as repair damaged blood vessels, bones, and cartilage.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E contributes to a variety of healthy bodily functions as well as helping to prevent illnesses such as cancer and heart disease.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): Vitamin B1 promotes healthy metabolism and energy production. It also helps the nervous system function properly.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 contributes to red blood cell production and helps the body store energy from the food we eat.
Vitamin testing can be ordered by anyone who is interested in checking their levels. These tests can be helpful for people who are monitoring their nutritional plan or are concerned that they may have symptoms of one or more deficiencies. We also offer several smaller panels such as our Basic Vitamin Panel or Comprehensive Vitamin Panel. See our Vitamin Testing Category and Nutrition Testing Category for even more options.
Turnaround time for the Vitamin Panel, Ultimate is typically 4-6 business days.
Where can I find an Ultimate Vitamin Deficiency Panel near me?
Check our lab finder to locate a collection site in your area.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
Fasting for 10-12 hours prior to collection is recommended. Specimens should be drawn in the morning before taking any medication. Specimens should be drawn before Schilling test, transfusions, or B12 therapy are started.
It is recommended not to consume alcohol, fruit, or vitamin supplements for 24 hours prior to collection.
It is recommended that someone taking Biotin (also known as vitamin B7 or B8, vitamin H, or coenzyme R) stop consumption at least 72 hours prior to the collection of a sample.
This package includes:
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 25-Hydroxycalciferol,
Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid
Vitamin B1, Whole Blood Thiamine, Thiamin
Vitamin A A, Vitamin, Retinol
Vitamin E Alpha Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopehrol, Vitamin E1
Vitamin K1 Phylloquinone, Phytonadione
- Vitamin B12 and Folates
Vitamin B6 Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, p5p