Comprehensive Immune System Blood Test
Test Code: 005009, 322000, 001805, 081950, 001800, 001339, 001537, 001768, 006627, 102525, 004598
Specimen Type: Blood
Comprehensive Immune System Blood Test (Labcorp)
The immune system is your body's tool set for combating outside invaders including bacteria, viruses, and toxins. There are a number of warning signs that you're immune system may not be functioning as well as it should. Poor immune health can cause symptoms that include frequent illnesses like the common cold, frequent digestive problems including constipation, diarrhea, or gas, small wounds that take a long time to heal, frequent sinus, ear, or bacterial infections, and chronic low energy or fatigue. Causes of a weakened immune system can include high stress levels, poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of sunlight, heavy alcohol consumption, and drug abuse. Certain medications can also weaken the immune system. Illnesses like cancer, HIV, and various autoimmune disorders can also disrupt your immune function.
This package provides a variety of tests that can give a thorough review of factors related to immune system health.
The immune system blood panel includes:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): A CBC measures several factors including your white blood cells aka Leukocytes. WBCs are one of your primary defenses against foreign organisms.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP): A CMP looks at 14 key measurements that affect a variety of the body's systems including the immune system.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP): Elevated CRP is an indicator of inflammation which can mean that your body is actively attempting to fight off an infection.
- Ferritin: Ferritin allows your body to store and release iron as needed. Low ferritin is often a sign of iron deficiency and/or anemia.
- Hemoglobin A1C: A1C is a measure of average blood sugar over the past 2-3 months. Persistently higher than normal blood sugar can impair the function of immune system cells.
- Immunoglobulins IgA, IgM, IgG: Measuring different antibody levels can help to see if your body is fighting an infection or illness.
- Iron: Iron is necessary for the production of white blood cells.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is one of the most important minerals in the body. It is required for numerous bodily processes including immune function.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C deficiency can impair your immune system and make you more susceptible to infections.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays a key role in strengthening the immune system. Most vitamin D comes from exposure to sunlight.
- Zinc: Zinc is a key nutrient for the development and healthy function of immune cells.
A Basic Immune System Panel that includes a less comprehensive test selection is also available.
Turnaround for these tests is typically 1-3 business days.
Where can I find a Comprehensive Immune System Panel near me?
Check our lab finder to locate a collection site in your area.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
Fasting for 9 - 12 hours prior to the blood draw is required.
For a vitamin C test, it is preferred that the donor refrains from taking vitamin C supplements or eating fruit 24 hours prior to sample collection.
This package includes:
CBC with Differential Complete Blood Count, CBC with Diff and Platelet, Hemogram
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel CMP, Chem Panel 14
Hemoglobin A1C with eAG A1C
C-Reactive Protein, Quantitative CRP
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 25-Hydroxycalciferol,
Zinc Blood Test Zn
Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid
- Immunoglobulin Antibodies IgA, IgG, IgM, Quantitative