Renal (Kidney) Function Panel
Test Code: 322777
Specimen Type: Blood
Renal (Kidney) Function Panel (Labcorp)
A Renal Function Panel (Kidney Function Test) is a common health screening used to help detect conditions affecting the kidneys. It can also be used to monitor people who are receiving treatment for illnesses affecting the kidneys.
A Renal Panel includes the following tests:
- Glucose: Abnormal blood sugar levels can indicate a number of conditions including Diabetes. Over time, high glucose levels can damage the kidneys.
- BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen): A waste product filtered through the kidneys. Used to evaluate kidney function.
- Creatinine: A waste product produced by the muscles which is filtered through the kidneys. Used to Evaluate Kidney Function.
- BUN/Creatinine Ratio: This measurement can indicate kidney disease or conditions such as dehydration or intestinal bleeding.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR): The amount of blood filtered by the kidneys. Used to screen for and detect early kidney damage.
- Calcium: Normal levels are important for healthy bones, heart, nerves, kidneys, and teeth.
- Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Total: An improper electrolyte balance can indicate a number of conditions including dehydration, Addison's disease, kidney disease, and Diabetes.
- Albumin: A protein important for healthy liver and kidney function.
- Phosphorus: Low levels of phosphorus can be indicative of a number of illnesses while high levels may be a symptom of kidney failure.
This panel is typically ordered as part of a general health screening. It may also be ordered when someone has symptoms which may indicate kidney disease or is being treated for kidney disease.
Customers looking for a more comprehensive screening can order a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP). A CMP includes all of the components of a Renal Panel except Phosphorus.
Turnaround time for the Renal Function Panel is typically 1 business day.
Where can I find a Renal Function Panel test near me?
Check our lab finder to locate a collection site in your area.
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
Overnight fasting for 8-12 hours is required.
- BEST Sellers
- General Wellness
- Kidney Disease
- Men's Health
- Pre-Op (Surgery) Testing
- Women's Health